CDSL Record Organiser & Support System
A complete software for managing all activities in Depository participant’s office. It starts with recording of a client’s (beneficiary or clearing member) account opening information in Cross. This back office may be at same location as CDAS system or at a remote location networked as branch.
Transfer instruction may also be entered into Cross, which offers lot more facilities and security than CDAS system like stationery management, signature verification, current holding, dues etc. This also includes maker / checker concept where each transaction is required to be authorised by persons at different levels depending upon the value and type of transaction.
Some of the salient features of Cross:
· Back office – CDSL system Back office export / import.
· Additional information like:
- Charges scheme, Billing frequency and detailed / summary mode.
- Frequency of statement of transactions, holding along with mode of delivery like print, email, fax, courier etc.
- Broking Back office client code.
· Grouping clients by family, category, group, branch etc.
· A/c opening letters printing with / without list of attachments.
· Redefining charges, group, billing and statement frequency by selecting from list of clients.
· Special Account closing option to carry out all required checks on receivables and pending demat(s) from back office.
· Warning on dormant accounts usage and provision to freeze accounts.
· Edit / Capture Signature of Client as well as for Power of Attorney.
· Client listing with special filter and Label Printing for selectable fields including balance.
· Facility to create receipt entry for documentation charges at the time of account opening.
· Back office – CDSL – Back office export / import of all different type of transactions including Demat and pledge.
· Reading Response files for various type of uploads.
· Display clients name(s), signature, holding, receivables while entering transactions for better security and speed up collection.
· Buttons for viewing current holding, transaction statement, ledger while transaction entry.
· Accept transaction data files from broking back office for on-market, off-market, inter-depository, Power of attorney, Pledge.
· Clients with high volume of transactions (generally brokers) may be offered facility to provide data in form of file resulting in time saving, minimisation of mistakes etc.
· Provision to collect charges upfront with immediate calculation of amount of charge and provision to record receipt of cash / cheque on completion of instruction entry.
· Validations by instruction serial No
· Unique single transfer entry form for all types of transactions.
· Optional Three levels of authorization and can be defined by administrator based on value of transaction.
· Printing of Transaction Statement, Holding Statement, Charges and Ledger details in single report. Facility for having pre-printed stationary for the same.
· Transaction Analysis Report.
· Maintains log of each transaction and can report all information about the maker, checker and modifications carried out on a particular transaction.
· Defining various scheme and assigning to clients.
· Redefining scheme for multiple clients by selection.
· Provision of charges on rejected entries, Demat request, late payins, additional copies of statements etc, DIS book issue etc.
· Transaction charges may have fixed, minimum, maximum, percent of value, per quantity (for demat) etc.
· Provision for monthly/ quarterly/ annual account maintenance charges.
· Displaying transaction carrying out cost, cash collection and printing receipts while entering instructions (based on latest rate file)
· Facility has been provided to create full functional branches that can operate without CDAS and yet provide clients of branches with timely information and services including DIS issue from branch and DIS entry.
· Reports on branch profitability and inter branch comparisons.
· Reports on earnings / expenses of branches for effective working of franchise concepts on branches.
· Recording of Receipt of various types of stationary from supplier.
· Can also Issue of book(s) to branches and branches can issue to ultimate client and make entry of such issue from browser based application.
· This enables to track lot of information from transfer instruction serial No and allow monitoring of stationery stock of various kinds.
· Speedy and secure mode of data entry by entering DIS reference number only as BOID is displayed by software.
· Prevent transfer on instruction slips reported missing by clients using stop/revoke transfer facility, loose slip creation, issue and destroy.
· Complete demat request management system right from entering data, authorisation and uploading file to CDAS. Printing of covering letters, generating courier lots by courier docket No.
· Keeping track of courier details and over due demat requests and generating forwarding, covering letters for the same.
· Printing mailing labels and managing docket number of despatches.
· Letters for reminders(follow-up letter), non receipt of rejected request documents etc.
· Printing Holding statements, Transaction statements for clients at predefined intervals on Dot Matrix Printers / Line Printers / Page Printer.
· Automatic forwarding statements to clients’ e-mail address / Fax at predefined frequency.
· Can be printed on pre-printed stationery with on site set-up utility.
· Including Demat request charges in bills for better accounting. (upfront collection is also possible and simplified)
· Levying additional charges for special tasks carried out for clients. (e.g. charges for indemnity bond)
· Printing bills on blank papers / letter heads / pre defined stationery on Dot Matrix Printer / line Printer / Page printer in summarised / detailed mode.
· Billing may be done for client himself or on a branch or franchise.
· File export of bill summery for plugging into your other software for users like banks, exchanges, brokers etc.
· Specifying minimum bill amount below which amounts will be carried forward to next billing cycle for accumulation.
· Broker DPs may redirect charges attributable to broking division to other account or offer NIL charges on them.
· Forwarding detailed bill to client via E-mail to who are provided summarised bills in print.
· Includes powerful accounting software rich with functions of a full fledge accounting software.
· Facility to print all types of voucher on-line.
· Handling account schedules in accordance with Schedule VI of companies act.
· All reports, ledgers, balance sheets on Dot Matrix / Page Printers.
· Bank reconciliation facility.
· Facility to import collection file in XLS file, this file may have been received branches or broking section.
· For TRADEPLUS users – facility to transfer debit to TRADEPLUS by database to database transfer before making payout from TRADEPLUS, this transfer is without any file export / import and can be done to the extent of credit available in TRADEPLUS ledger and entry in both databases carried out simultaneously.
· Report on Non operational clients for certain time period.
· Bill Summary including branch wise / franchise wise / group wise.
· Audit Reports and exceptional report for extraordinary items.
· Stationery stock report, batch upload report.
· Holding/Pledge valuation report.
· DP performance report.
· Bill due report and letter.
· ISIN, Registrar, Depository Participants etc. listing.
· User Group Rights can be defined at micro level i.e.add,edit,delete,print,preview etc.
· Holiday master linked with all data entries, can prevent wrong entries.
· Inbuilt Backup facility removes hassle from a very important task.
· In built archival facility for keeping aside old / data not currently required. User can also copy / transfer various types data for various periods accordingly he may decide range of data to be transferred that may be different for back office related data, front office related data, accounting data, masters etc. User also has choice to overlapping data in archival and live data.
· State of art client / server architecture using RDBMS back end ensures fullest data security for substantially large database.
· Intelligently designed database makes it possible to execute export / import of high volume data and retrieval of specific information in no time.
· 32 bit seamless front end and database integration makes it possible to transfer data between branches, head office and web server simple and dynamic.
· Considering the nature of business and amount of risk involved, security of data and prevention of mischief has been given priority over other factors.
Web Site connectivity (optional)
· A comprehensive web application to allow clients to access information on their account using Internet connection.
· Data on web site may be updated using back office application database with built in facility.